Winter seems to go on forever. Cold, rainy, snowy, dark, it’s a little depressing. Have you ever been talking to a friend when they say something like, “Oh ya, we’re heading to Hawaii for a few days. I can’t wait.” and not seen a smile fill their face? Me neither.
Why aren’t you that person? It’s not as hard or as expensive as you might think. Here are the top 5 destinations just to get you thinking:
- Hawaii – The Big Island has something for everyone whether you want to relax, sightsee, golf, or something more adventurous like scuba diving.
- Rome – Off season can make this a great place to visit. Avoid the crowds, take in the sites, and enjoy that legendary Italian sun.
- U.S. Virgin Islands – Think 75 – 80 degrees, white sand beaches, and the sound of waves crashing. That makes it pretty easy to forget the cold.
- Rio de Janeiro – Not too far away and yet worlds apart. Maybe a jungle tour or catch a football (soccer) match one night.
- Costa Rica – A place to get up and go hiking, zip-line through the rainforest, mountain bike, or enjoy a leisurely day horseback riding.
It’s easier and less expensive than you may think. Get going.